Canadian Positive Psychology Association
Helping Canadians flourish
Founded in 2012, the CPPA is the leading Canadian not-for-profit association for the advancement of the science and practice of positive psychology. Positive Psychology is the branch of psychology that focuses on the evidence-based research and application of human flourishing.
The CPPA is a leader in the global positive movement of like-minded individuals interested in the research and application of positive psychology. The CPPA promotes the science and application of positive psychology and its research-based interventions across Canada through its member base and affiliates. The CPPA is a conduit of everything-positive-psychology in Canada, connecting and supporting academic research programs, strategic alliances, and membership.
Researchers, practitioners, teachers, clinicians, coaches, workplace leaders, professionals, students, and members of the general public who are interested in improving psychological well-being for themselves and their respective audiences/patients/clients/staff. Members are located across Canada.
The CPPA is connected with prominent positive psychology researchers from around the world to bring CPPA members the latest research in positive psychology and share rigorous, evidence-based interventions.
Your CPPA membership keeps you on the leading edge of the science and best practices, provides annual conferences and workshops to grow your network, gives you the latest evidence-based techniques, allows you to be part of the future conversation about mental well-being and helps you to build your profile within the positive psychology community.
Questions & Answers
Have any questions?
Contact us any time.
The CPPA’s mission is to help to nurture a psychologically healthy Canadian society at the organizational and individual level.
- led and managed by a board of directors and volunteers.
- provide reliable, evidence-based information about the nature of well-being and the application of positive psychology across all disciplines, through the Internet, expert webinars, publications, conferences, workshops, book clubs and awards
- introduce and disseminate information about positive psychology research, knowledge and applications to Canada
- establish a network of academic institutions, positive psychology practitioners, public organizations, private companies, non-profit organizations, health organizations and government with an interest in promoting the psychological well-being of Canadians;
- produce a platform for Canadian scientists to advance the knowledge of the science of well-being and explore novel ways to apply their knowledge
- empower our member community so they can impact their respective clients/patients
Our CPPA Board
The Board of Directors are volunteers devoted to developing the
Canadian Positive Psychology Association and are open to your suggestions.
Director, President / Founder
Director, French Community Lead
Director, Marketing Lead
Director, CPPA Treasurer
Director, Volunteer Engagement, Co-Chair Workplace Well-beings Award
Dr. Jennifer Card
Director, Volunteer Engagement
Director, Marketing Lead
Our Committee Members
Our committee members with their wide array of skills and specializations help the Canadian Positive Psychology Association moving forward.
Volunteer Engagement Manager
Wayne Greenway is currently the Volunteer Engagement Manager for The Canadian Positive Psychology Association (CPPA). He has been involved with the CPPA since 2012 and managed the 2nd and 4th Canadian Conferences on Positive Psychology.
Our Honorary Advisors
Honorary Advisors to the Canadian Positive Psychology Association
Dr. Martin Seligman
Dr. James O. Pawelski
Dr. Robert J. Vallerand
Dr. Tayyab Rashid
Dr. Lucie Mandeville
Dr. Veronika Huta
Dr. Tami Kulbatski
Dr. Marie-Hélène Budworth
Our Founding Board
The Canadian Positive Psychology Association (CPPA) was founded on January 19, 2012
with a vision for developing a psychologically healthy Canadian society
through the research and application of positive psychology across Canada.
Dr. Jamie Gruman
Veronika Huta, Ph.D.
Louisa Jewell, MAPP
Dr. Tayyab Rashid
Join the CPPA
Discover authentic happiness and well-being
Enjoy exclusive access to CPPA events, emails and resources.
Join our community of flourishing friends.